A new survey asked people what “eating at home” usually means for them. People could give more than one answer, so the percentages add up to more than 100, but here are the most common things people are doing for dinner . . .
1. Cooking from scratch, 78%.
2. Microwaving a frozen dinner or some leftovers, 45%.
3. Cooking using shortcuts like pre-marinated chicken breasts or pre-cut vegetables, 37%.
4. Grabbing carryout from a restaurant, 23%.
5. Picking up pre-made food from the grocery store, 22%.
6. Ordering delivery, 15%.
7. Using a meal delivery service like Blue Apron, 7%.
The survey also found only 57% of people say they like cooking, but only 3% of people say they NEVER cook.
This story was originally reported by The Harris Poll
Remember to listen to “Mercedes In The Morning” Monday through Friday from 5am to 10am
And check us out on social media: