A new survey found the top five mistakes people make when they apply for jobs, and all of them seem like they’d be pretty easy to fix. Check ’em out:
1. 84% of people don’t find out the name of the person doing the hiring and personalize their email to them.
2. 57% don’t send a thank you note after an interview, not even an email.
3. 54% don’t customize their resume based on the job they’re applying for.
4. 45% don’t include a cover letter.
5. And 37% don’t follow up after they send in their application, which would help them stand out.
This story was originally reported by The PR Newswire
Remember to listen to “Mercedes In The Morning” Monday through Friday from 5am to 10am and check us out on social media: