A recent survey asked a bunch of hiring managers for the weirdest stunts people have pulled in job interviews to try and land a job. Here’s the top ten:
1. A guy showed up in a white limo and three-piece suit, but it was a mid-level position where the dress code was khakis and a button-down.
2. Someone had their priest call and say to hire them.
3. A guy had his wife make bars of lavender soap to say thanks for the interview.
4. Someone asked the hiring manager if they wanted to share an ice cream cone.
5. A guy who had worked as a camp counselor showed up with some of the KIDS he worked with to show he had leadership skills.
6. Someone bought a first-class upgrade to sit next to a hiring manager on a flight.
7. Someone had an interview in October, so they showed up in a Halloween costume.
8. A guy sent socks with a note saying he’d knock their socks off. And someone else sent a shoe, with a note that said he was just trying to get his “foot in the door.”
9. Someone tried to land a job by KISSING the person who interviewed them.
10. A guy tried to up his chances by mailing the hiring manager cash.
This story was originally reported by The PR Newswire
Remember to listen to “Mercedes In The Morning” Monday through Friday from 5am to 10am and check us out on social media: