A new survey found 68% of us think kids should get an allowance for doing chores. 40% said it should start between 8 and 10 years old, and about 30% said it should start as early as 5. Here are 11 chores, and how much the average person thinks they’re worth . . .
1. Mowing the lawn, $6.28 each time they do it. That’s the priciest one on the list.
2. Cleaning the garage, $5.20.
3. Doing laundry, $2.82.
4. Cleaning a common area like the living room, $2.72.
5. Being responsible for a pet. Meaning feeding or walking them, $2.66.
6. Sweeping, mopping, or vacuuming, $2.55.
7. Dusting or wiping down countertops, $2.20.
8. Cleaning their bedroom, $2.07. Plus an extra $1.18 if they make their bed.
9. Doing the dishes, $2.03.
10. Taking out the trash, $1.90.
11. Setting the table, $1.31.
This story was originally reported by The PR Newswire
Remember to listen to “Mercedes In The Morning” Monday through Friday from 5am to 10am and check us out on social media: