A new survey talked to 2,000 single women, and 75% said they’d rather pick out the ring THEMSELVES. So guys should either use a stand-in, or no ring at all. Here are five more stats that are kind of interesting:
1. A third of the women who wanted to pick out their own ring said it was because the guy would totally botch it, and buy something they hated.
2. About 95% of women said they want a diamond. Only 5% said they want something else, like a ruby or an emerald. And the average woman expects you to spend just over $1,200 on it.
3. The ideal amount of time you should date before you propose is 25 months, so just over two years.
4. 25% of women said they might say NO to a proposal if it wasn’t good enough.
5. Less than 20% of women said they have the “perfect proposal” pictured in their mind. So the good news is most women AREN’T expecting you to be perfect, and they’re okay with a little spontaneity.
Remember to listen to “Mercedes In The Morning” Monday through Friday from 5am to 10am and check us out on social media: