What’s Trending on Friday, February, 17, 2017
* A survey says only 39% of employers give workers Presidents Day off.
* Presidents’ Day has slipped in the rankings of holidays employers are most likely to give off.
* 96% of employers give Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day off as paid holidays.
* Martin Luther King Day is starting to gain in popularity, and actually passed Presidents’ Day this year.
* A study shows Caffeine may lead to a longer life.
* Properties found in caffeine may beat back an “inflammatory process” linked to cardiovascular disease and aging.
* The blood of people with low levels of inflammation have less damaged cells as time goes on.
* Your phone can be hacked by charging it in public!
* By plugging your phone into a compromised power strip or charger, your device gets infected, and that compromises all your data.
* In the same way that your USB cord ca download photos from your phone to your computer, that cord can also transmit data between your phone and an outlet.
* So don’t plug in at the airport, the coffee shop or anywhere else that you’re not familiar with!
* Monopoly fans have killed the thimble.
* The thimble, an iconic token of luck that has graced Monopoly boards for more than 80 years, will not pass go in the next generation of the board game.
* As part of the brand’s “Monopoly Token Madness” campaign, more than 4 million people voted to decide which of 8 tokens should be part of the next generation of the game.
* That has not been announced yet but it will be replacing the thimble.