What’s Trending for Wednesday, Feburary 22nd, 2017
* The Lakers have named Magic Johnson president of basketball operations yesterday.
* GM Mitch Kupchak was relieved of his duties.
* The search for a new GM has begun to work with him and Coach Luke Walton.
* Co-Owner and Governor Jeanie Buss says that it’s not about going back to Showtime. This appointment is about finding the right team for the style that Luke Walton wants to play.
* Iceland’s President has had to walk back a promise to ban pineapple on pizza after he visited a high school class last week.
* After his speech, he took questions from students, one of which asked him about his favorite pizza topping.
* He said that he was “fundamentally opposed” to putting pineapple on pizza and that he would make it illegal to put it on pizza if he had the power to pass laws on his own.
* In just a few days word spread, with people both praising him and criticizing him.
* Yesterday he went to Facebook to address the controversy saying “I like pineapples, just not on pizza. I do not have the power to make laws which forbid people to put pineapples on their pizza, I am glad that I do not hold such power.”
* Before he signed off he wrote, “For pizzas, I recommend seafood.”
* Less than two weeks after dropping her new single “Chained to the Rhythm,” Katy Perry has released her video for the track.
* She had been teasing the video for the last couple of days.
* It puts her in an amusement park right out of 1950s science0fiction, with rides playing with the notion of the American dream.
* On the first day of its release, “Chained to the Rhythm” was streamed over 3 million times on Spotify, setting the record for the most first-day streams for a single track by a female artist.
* A Pop-Tarts pop-up café is opening in New York City this week.
* They will be serving items like tacos, pizza and fries…all made from Pop-Tarts.
* Items cost anywhere from $8-$12.
* For instance, their pizza will have a crust made of Brown Sugar cinnamon Pop-Tarts, with a strawberry filling taking the place of the marinara sauce and frosting serving in place of the cheese. The “pepperoni” is dried fruit slices.”