What’s Trending: Thursday, March 9th, 2017
* The rumors were true! Las Vegas will get a second NASCAR race.
* Yesterday, the LVCVA Board announced a successful partnership with the approval of a second race coming to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway in September 2018.
* Kurt and Kyle Busch were on hand for the big announcement where we learned that the race track will also be the first in the league to host all three major racing series (Monster Energy, Xfinity and Camping World Truck) twice in a season.
* As for this weekend’s race, the track will host Stratosphere Pole Day on Friday, the Boyd Gaming 300 on Saturday, and the Kobalt 400 on Sunday.
* Men are having vasectomies so they can watch March Madness.
* The Cleveland Clinic reported a 10% increase in the number of vasectomies before March Madness between 2014 and 2016.
* Presumably, the idea is that guys will crash on the sofa and watch hoops while they recover from the operation.
* It’s not just March Madness…they see an increase during the Masters as well. Also, when there’s a big video game release.
* It was on this day in 1959 that the Barbie doll made its debut at the American International Toy Fair in New York in 1959.
* Over a billion Barbie dolls have been sold worldwide in over 150 countries.
* Barbie’s full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts. Barbie’s boyfriend, Ken Carson, was introduced in 1961.
* A new M&Ms flavor is about to hit stores!
* The new flavor, Strawberry Nut, is said to be similar to last year’s release of the Strawberry Milk Chocolate Covered M&Ms but these have the extra bonus of a nut inside.
* The candy will be available nationwide for a limited time and people are encouraged to take a selfie with their favorite M&M’s flavor and post it on social media with the hashtag #GetNuttyWithM for a chance to win prizes.