What’s Trending: Friday, March 10th, 2017
* Lorde shares a new song called “Liability” yesterday.
* The stripped-down piano ballad is completely different from “Green Light,” the single she released last week.
* She also revealed that her new album will be called “Melodrama” and it will arrive on June 16th.
* A young boy named Houston crashed a newscast to fart at the weatherman.
* He also hilariously warned viewers of an impending toot storm.
* Patrick Ellis is the meteorologist at a station in Mississippi when the child of a legal expert who was making an appearance on the newscast just ran up to be a part of the report.
* His father rushed on the set to remove the boy before things truly got out of hand.
* Happy National Mario Day!
* It’s observed every year on March 10th and honors Mario from the popular Nintendo game.
* The gamer holiday is celebrated on March 10th because of the way the date appears, when abbreviated (Mar. 10) it looks just like the name Mario.
* Mario first appeared in Donkey Kong in 1981.
* In 1983 he got his own game with his brother, Luigi.
* Nintendo is celebrating with a charitable donation to the Starlight Children’s Foundation and they’ll also be discounting digital Mario games by 20% on Amazon while supplies last.
* Bravo greenlights a new naked reality show called “Stripped.”
* It’s a social experiment reality series based on the hit Danish format and it will premiere this summer.
* In the show, participants embark on a journey as they forego all their material possesions (clothes, furniture, moey and everuthing they own) for 21 days.
* The show exposes their relationships with their personal belongings and how their lives and values change once all their possessions are stripped away.
* It’s not a competition and there are no prizes but each person walks away with more insight than they could have imagined.