What’s Trending: Monday, March 20th, 2017
* The live action version of the Disney classic scored huge in the box office over the weekend making $170 million domestically and an additional $180 million internationally.
* It was also the biggest March debut ever and the seventh-best opening in history.
* Experts say there were 5 reasons the movie was such a success:
1) Emma Watson delivered.
2) Everyone loved the original.
3) The females showed up for this movie! 60% of the audience was female.
4) It’s Disney.
5) The timing was perfect…there’s been a lot of violent movies in the box office lately and it had been over a month since a family movie was released.
* Study shows the first letter of your last name may affect your success in life.
* Those surnames in the latter half of the alphabet are less likely to be identified by teachers as outstanding students.
* Experts call it “alphabetism” and they suggest that teachers call attendance in reverse order.
* The good news is that the effects seem to dissipate by your 30s.
* The crying Jordan meme is out and the Crying Northwestern Kid meme is in!
* During the second half of the Northwester-Gonzaga game on Saturday, one kid became internet famous.
* He didn’t agree with a call and had a total meltdown.
* This kid is all of us when our team is losing during an important game.
* Study shows apps and social media can disturb sleep cycles.
* The use of the internet leads to people delaying bedtime by more than one and a half hours!
* It is also making people wake up 90 minutes late!
* People usually check their phones and tablets at least four times after going to bed.
* Leave your phones or tablets in another room or on the other side of the room if you need them for your alarm!