What’s Trending on Thursday, April 20th, 2017
* Julia Roberts has been named People Magazine’s Most Beautiful woman.
* This is her 5th time being named People’s Most Beautiful.
* She was first given the title 26 years ago.
* Twitter had a lot of thoughts on the matter…some were confused and feel like Julia hasn’t exactly been relevant recently. One person tweeted “Did I wake up in 1997?”
* Others are pointing out that while Julia is lovely and all, but they’d like to see more diversity on the cover.
* Others are still in awe of her stunning good looks and apparent inability to age.
* Happy 4/20 to all of the marijuana fans out there!
* The origin of this day goes back to 5 high school students who, back in 1971, would get together at 4:20pm to smoke marijuana by a statue of chemist Louis Pasteur at a high school in Marin County, CA.
* They would say “420” to each other at some point during the school day as code to meet for a smoke.
* Now we observe the date of April 20th as a pot smoking holiday and along with that activity comes the delicious side-effect: the munchies.
* So what are the top snacks of stoners? They are: Ben & Jerry’s Half-Baked Ice Cream, Sour Patch Kids, Swedish Fish, Cheez-Its and Haribo Gummi bears.
* Serena Williams and her fiancé and Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian are expecting their first child.
* Serena made the announcement via Snapchat yesterday by captioning a side view of her baby bump with “20 weeks.”
* That means she won the Grand Slam while pregnant! Nice!
* A survey shows that the average cash wedding gift given is $160.
* And wedding gift amounts tend to spike during primer summer season.
* Northeasterners are more likely to be generous, nearly one-third usually give at least $200.
* They’re also more likely to give cash or a check, while those in the South and West are more likely to buy a gift off of the registry.
* Experts say if you’re on a budget and don’t want to appear cheap, consider giving a nice $70 bottle of champagne instead or respectfully decline the wedding invitation.