What’s Trending on Thursday, May 4th, 2017
* Happy Star Wars Day! May the 4th be with you on May 4th.
* In recent years, this day has become a day to celebrate the beloved sci-fi film franchise.
* This year TBS is celebrating by presenting the first Star Wars films during an all-day marathon.
* It kicks off this morning at 6:40am with Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.
* The marathon will continue with the remaining two prequels and then present the three original films, concluding at 8:15 tonight with the broadcast of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.
* Survey shows Americans can’t put down their phones!
* US adults are now spending more than half of their day (12 hours and 7 minutes) on average, consuming media.
* This includes 6 hours on digital media which includes our phones, desktop, laptop, tablets.
* Also 4 hours in front of the TV, 1.5 hours with the radio and 25 minutes with print media.
* Experts say that the concerning thing is that many of us use multiple devices at the same time.
* His India tour rider has been leaked and if he’s trying to live down his reputation as “difficult,” this won’t help things.
* Some of his demands include: a Jacuzzi in the concert venue, a helicopter and jet on standby for him to visit India’s sights, a Rolls-Royce for his exclusive use.
* He needs several floors of two hotels where chefs will prepare gourmet meals for him 5x a day, with dishes re-named after his hits.
* His personal suite must be stocked with purple carnations.
* Food requirements include organic honey, turkey, fruit, herbal teas, almond milk, coconut water, Swedish Fish, Ritz Bitz, Gummy Cola Bottles, white bread and watermelon gum.
* Not on the list: alcohol of any kind.
* Trader Joe’s has entered the canned-wine game!
* It’s called “Simpler Wines” and it’s pretty affordable! A mere four bucks for a 4-pack of 6.3 oz. cans.
* Right now there are two flavors…both perfect for summer by the pool: A white sparkling wine that is less carbonated than Prosecco and a sparkling rosé that is said to have elegant mineral notes and red fruit flavors.