What’s Trending on Friday, May 5th, 2017
* Fidget spinners are the must-have toy of 2017, flying off the shelves at stores across the country.
* But the woman who invented them hasn’t made a dime off of their newfound popularity.
* Catherine Hettinger invented them more than two decades ago, but had long stopped manufacturing.
* She’s watching as many large companies produce their own versions of the toy without having to pay her anything since her patent expired earlier this year.
* She’s hoping to get in on the action by selling her original circular version of the fidget spinner.
* Study: Married women are most likely to cheat at age 36.
* If the average woman marries at 29, this finding lines up with the “seven-year itch.”
* They say the big reasons women cheat is that their husband is not giving them the attention and respect that they deserve…they still love their partners, but the spark has vanished.
* Actor Liam Neeson showed up at a sandwich shop that said he could eat for free.
* The manager of Big Star Sandwich, Co. in Vancouver found out that his favorite actor was going to be in town filming his upcoming thriller “Hard Powder.”
* He wrote a message on the restaurant’s chalkboard sign that said, “Liam Neeson eats here for free.”
* The employees put up the sign around 11am and by 6:30pm, they were shocked when the star showed up at the store.
* He walked in and said, “Where’s my free sandwich?” but was actually in such a rush, he didn’t sit down for his free meal.
* He popped in to take photos with the employees instead.
* What’s the saying? Never talk about politics or religion!
* According to a new survey, political talk has 26% of workers stressed at the office.
* That is up from 17% back in September.
* Nearly 1/3 of people have witnessed coworkers arguing about politics and 15% have gotten into an argument themselves.
* 24% have avoided some coworkers because of their political views.