What’s Trending on Monday, May 15th, 2017
* Katy Perry is expected to be your next American Idol judge.
* If the deal goes through, we can expect an announcement on Tuesday.
* Sources say they will not announce the other 2 judges because they haven’t even decided who they want yet.
* The rumor is that the other judges will likely be a songwriter and a music producer to keep the show under its budget.
* Study shows that pets help children feel less stressed.
* If there is a pet dog around a child who is undergoing a stressful experience, their stress level goes down.
* It even goes to a lower level than when they have parental support in those stressful situations.
* So go ahead and get that puppy you’ve been promising for years!
* NBC is reviving it’s 1990s marketing brand and bringing it back to Thursday nights with “Must See TV.”
* They’ve just announced that they will open the night with the reboot of “Will & Grace,” followed by the second season of the comedy “Great News,” with Tina Fey, the executive producer, taking on on0camera role.
* After, “This Is Us” will air at 9p, followed by “Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders miniseries starring Edie Falco.”
* NBC is also giving “This Is Us” the coveted post-Super Bowl slot in 2018.
* Should avocados have a warning label?
* They have seen a surge in popularity in the past few years and although the superfood is in high demand, it’s becoming clear that not everyone can handle them.
* Avocado-related injuries, like stab wounds and slashes to the hand, have been on the rise.
* So much so that doctors have come up with a special name for it…avocado hand.
* The British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons is concerned enough that it’s suggesting warning labels.