What’s Trending on Tuesday, May 16th, 2017
* Avril Lavigne is alive, despite a conspiracy theory that has resurfaced for some reason.
* If you’re not familiar with the theory, the idea is that Lavigne committed suicide in 2003 after the death of her grandfather.
* That was the peak of her career and instead of coming to terms with what happened, her record company allegedly used Melissa Vandella, Avril’s doppleganger, who was supposed hired to pose as her for paparazzi, in her place to profit off her celebrity.
* People have analyzed photos and handwriting and that is enough to have kept the hoax going.
* It was recently brought back to life on Twitter this week and again…it is not true.
* She’s active on social media and she has revealed that she has a new album coming later this year.
* Survey shows that dog owners often choose their pups over their partners and family.
* 94% of owners see their dog as a member of the family and 75% say they include their dogs in vacations, marriage proposals, holiday cards and other life events.
* 54% of dog people say that they would consider ending their relationship if they thought their dog didn’t like the partner they picked.
* 56% of dog owners say they go to the dog first, before family, partners, and roommates.
* The latest rumor when it comes to judges is none other than American Idol contestant himself, Chris Daughtry.
* There’s been no official announcement yet but sources claim the deal is done.
* Daughtry competed on the show’s fifth season in 2006 and finished in fourth place…that was the season that Taylor Hicks won.
* That follows yesterday’s news that Katy Perry could be filling one of the seats.
* Shocking news…another couple from The Bachelor didn’t go the distance.
* Ben Higgins and Lauren Bushnell have split.
* A source says the couple was not seeing eye-to-eye and that Lauren was spending more time with her friends than her fiancé.
* They say they will remain friends with much love and respect for each other.