By Mix 94.1 staff
Where has the time gone? This year marks 20 years of Mix 94.1 AND our annual food and music festival, Bite of Las Vegas! You’ve helped us create so many memories over the past two decades: from fostering local businesses and helping you meet your favorite artists to a career-changing set by Imagine Dragons. In honor of our Platinum anniversary, we dusted off our scrapbooks and asked our staff for the top 20 reasons why YOU should celebrate with us at the 20th Bite of Las Vegas, happening September 10th at Desert Breeze Park! SEE LINEUP AND TICKET INFO.
1. Early bird benefits: the first 1,000 listeners to buy a GA ticket will get it for only $20 (plus fees)!
2. The sense of community: This isn’t your typical festival. Bring the kids, grandparents, everybody! A limited 4-pack of GA tickets will be available for $75 (plus fees)!
3. “It’s the one event you know you’re bound to see your friends and neighbors. [Everyone will ask] ‘Are you going to Bite?!’”—Shawn Tempesta, Afternoon Drive
4. Your feet will thank you: The festival footprint is compact and action-packed, so you don’t have to walk miles to take in all of the entertainment!
5. Satisfy all of your taste buds: Can’t decide between pizza or tapas? Barbecue or burgers? You don’t have to! More than 50 local restaurants and vendors will be serving up delicious deals, so everyone in the family will be satisfied.
6. We have a history of making history: In 2009, Train was forced to cancel their headlining set, local band Imagine Dragons filled in and played their second set of the day (this time with more than 20,000 people watching), and well, here we are a few million albums sold later. Here’s a full recap.
7. Be a VIP for less than a Benjamin: For $80 (plus fees) you’ll get access to our covered luxury tent, unlimited soft drinks, two meal vouchers to enjoy at any of our onsite restaurants and a few hard drink tickets to really get the party started.
8. Try on your chef’s hat: Don’t miss live cooking demonstrations from some of the Valley’s culinary greats!
9. Mingle with your favorite on-air jocks: Mercedes, JC, Ryan, Heather, Shawn, Angie and the rest of the crew will all be there!
10. “[This event] makes me feel closer to the city and station. I love getting to talk to our listeners.”—Ryan Errisson, producer of Mercedes In the Morning
11. Something for the kids: Amusement rides? Check. Bounce houses? Check. We’ve got everything the little ones love best in the Bite of Las Vegas Kid’s Zone.
12. Fill your belly on a budget: With all food vendors selling items less than $5, you can get a little sample of everything you’ve always wanted to try!
13. Get up close and personal with your favorite artists: Keep an eye on our Mix 94.1 tent, that’s where performers always stop for interviews … and sometimes take photos and sign autographs!
14. The Sip of Las Vegas: You’ll notice a lot of people sipping on a cool pink, green and white drink. It’s The Watermelon Kiwi Lemonade (the unofficial Bite of Las Vegas drink!) from Hash House A Go Go and you must try it!
15. THE MUSIC: We may not be revealing the lineup until July 11th, but we can tell you there’s nowhere else you can see this many of your favorite Mix 94.1 artists in one place! (And for only $20!)
16. “[I love just] watching the listeners have a good time. I remember going to Bite before I worked here and just having the best day ever. I got to meet some of my favorite artists, eat so much good food and enjoy the music on a nice fall day.”—Heather Collins, Mid-Days
17. Sit back and relax: Wanna be front row for your favorite artists? You can! Wanna set out a lawn chair and enjoy the show from afar? Well, you can do that too!
18. We bring the Strip headliners to you: Take in bite-size performances from some of your favorite shows! Past performances have included Mystère, Le Rêve and more!
19. Can’t-miss activities: You never know when Fright Dome Zombie might emerge, a Polynesian dance crew will shake things up, or a vendor will reward you with awesome prizes!
20. You! We wouldn’t be celebrating our 20th Anniversary if it wasn’t for you! We thank you so much for celebrating every year with us at Bite of Las Vegas and we hope you have created as many memories with your family and friends as we have with ours! We’ll see you September 10th!
Wanna be the first to know about Mix 94.1 events, contests and giveaways? Sign-up for our weekly newsletters!